COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Fully-vaccinated travelers, carrying an EU Digital COVID Certificate or recognized vaccine certificate (confirming EMA-approved vaccine, name and date of birth of traveler, vaccination dates), need not carry a negative COVID-19 PCR test and do not need to quarantine. Travelers are considered fully vaccinated after a single-dose vaccine, two doses of a two-dose vaccine (even if different types) or a single dose of a two-dose vaccine if recovered.
• Recovered travelers, carrying an EU Digital COVID Certificate or recognized recovery certificate (confirming traveler name and date of birth, date and location (country) of positive test, entity issuing the certificate, certificate validity), need not complete COVID-19 tests or quarantine.
• Quarantine and Testing Requirements: Negative COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (taken within 72 hours prior to departure) or rapid antigen test (taken within 48 hours prior to departure) except for children under the age of 12.
• Portuguese nationals and residents and their family members may alternatively complete a COVID-19 test on arrival, at their own expense, and will incur a misdemeanor. Foreign nationals without a test will be refused entry.
• Temperature screening for all arrivals. Those with a fever may be subject to a COVID-19 PCR test. They may leave the airport if they provide their destination details and must remain under quarantine there until they receive a negative result.
• 14-day quarantine at home or at a government facility for travelers from India, Nepal, South Africa and for travelers who have been in these countries in the 14 days prior to arrival (not counting airport stopovers) except for:
- Vaccinated travelers from the United Kingdom, fully vaccinated (depending on vaccine type and prior recovery) with a European Medicines Agency-approved vaccine at least 14 days before entry.
- Travelers entering for essential reasons and whose period of stay in Portugal does not exceed 48 hours.
• Consular posts are available by prior appointment in locations not covered by an entry ban.
• The immigration department (Servicio de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras – SEF) is available by prior appointment for urgent services. The immigration department is difficult to reach due to staff restrictions.
• NIF (Portuguese Tax Code) applications have resumed and can be submitted online with certified documents.
• Processing of the following visa types resumed, depending on the consulate: Study, volunteer work, research, family reunification, highly qualified activity, teaching, transfer of WTO nationals, service providers, and entrepreneur/start-up among limited others. Other visa types remain suspended until further notice.
• TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Entry is permitted for the following categories:
- Travelers entering by air from EU Member States; Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. No specific travel purpose is required for travelers from these countries.
- Travelers for any purpose from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Hong Kong SAR, Jordan, Kuwait, Macau SAR, Mainland China, New Zealand, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Ukraine, United States of America, and Uruguay as well as residents of these countries who only stayed in these countries in the 14 days before entry (airport transits in other countries are permitted), provided that reciprocal travel is allowed.
- Travelers entering by air for professional reasons, study, family reunion, health, or humanitarian reasons.
- Portuguese nationals and residents and their close family members.
- EU/Schengen Area nationals and their family members.
- Holders of Portuguese long-term visas.
- EU residents
- Transiting travelers remaining in the airport transit area.
• Services currently offered include:
- Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
- Lease checks
- Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID -19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• Yes. All bookings are being made virtually.
• No face-to-face support is available.
• Apartments are available.
SchoolsSchools open only for pre-school and 1st grade. All other schools remain with online teaching.
• State of calamity is in place.
• Businesses and shops have reopened.
• No gatherings more than 10 people are permitted.
• Those who are sick must remain housebound.
Public TransportYes. Operating on a normal schedule.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Video recommended
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Normal service at present.
• Sea: Normal Services at present.
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative.