Temporary Accommodation Assistance
House your relocating employees, whether they are on an extended business trip, awaiting permanent housing, in training, or working as interns. SIRVA offers its own corporate housing in the US and has a strong network of premier partners in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. Worldwide, we can help employees find and secure temporary accommodation, with services ranging from property previews and furniture rental to lease negotiation.
Our dedicated team of corporate housing specialists can develop and manage a comprehensive housing solution for your business. These services fold seamlessly into your existing relocation programme, enhancing the employee experience as well as bottom-line results.
Enjoy the competitive pricing and service that come with our status as a volume buyer. Using our automated, rapid response system, SIRVA opens each request to bids from all network properties in the market. We present your employees with multiple options. You gain a high-quality solution at a highly competitive price.
Temporary Living Services
SIRVA offers a variety of temporary living services that include:
- Initial needs assessment with requirements shared with the local supplier
- Community orientation overview and tour (for long-term housing)
- Desktop property search to narrow down available properties based on needs assessment
- Accompanied home finding tour (for long-term housing)
- Selection of appropriate property and facilitation of all lease and deposit requirements
- Coordination of move-in and move-out services
- Coordination with other key destination services such as the movement of household goods
- Expense management, including direct billing to SIRVA if required
Through our Tenancy Management programme, we manage the entire tenancy process from an objective stance, providing guidance and resources for all services from property sourcing and lease negotiation to moving out. Assistance under this programme includes:
- Lease/rent negotiations
- Coordination of documentation and facilitation of down payments and deposits
- Move-in coordination, such as utility set up and furniture rental
- Full property inspection during move-in to document conditions of the home by our inventory clerk
Our tenancy specialists can also offer departure services:
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs on the relocating employee’s behalf
- Facilitate lease payments
- Negotiate lease renewals or manage the tenancy termination and exit
- Negotiate fair dilapidation charges and obtaining the return of the deposit
- Manage any other moving out services
Assignment Consultant Assistance
The consultant coordinates all services and payments under the tenancy management programme. In addition to initial contract negotiation and maintenance, support includes negotiations with the landlord or the letting agent over any extension or reduction to the term of the tenancy.
The consultant also provides advice on dilapidations, especially on how to minimise them as the end of the tenancy approaches and arrangement of professional cleaning after the employee has vacated. Using a formal needs assessment and interviews to isolate appropriate properties, the global assignment consultant assists the family in screening facilities, executing lease agreements, coordinating moving dates and arranging for other assistance as needed.
SIRVA can coordinate the rental of furniture and/or appliances in the destination location on behalf of your employees and transferring family. We use our volume buying power to negotiate sizeable discounts, which means you can benefit from the lowest rates available. Although the delivery of rental furniture can vary by country and location, our consultants attempt to secure delivery of furniture in line with the relocating employee’s arrival dates.
Our preferred providers offer a number of packages for the employee to choose from, depending on their policy parameters. Typically, employees can expect to receive much of the same as they would in a corporate furnished apartment.
SIRVA Corporate Housing
Temporary housing is an important opportunity to establish credibility with the relocating employee as well as reduce our clients’ costs. SIRVA places significant emphasis upon this area through our SIRVA Corporate Housing division.
SIRVA Corporate Housing manages a nationwide provider database which allows us to combine our volume leveraged pricing with our expertise in negotiating terms in temporary housing. Through our specialised bidding process, SIRVA Corporate Housing is able to provide clients with unique access to top services, competitively priced units and unparalleled choice in housing.