COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredCOVID-19 Testing Requirements There are no vaccination, proof of recovery, testing or passenger locator form requirements for entry to Ireland. Quarantine Requirements There is no home quarantine requirement for travelers arriving to Ireland from abroad.
ImmigrationThe Dublin Area Registration Office (Burgh Quay) is open. Appointments can be booked. Registration Offices outside Dublin may vary in their operation. Foreign nationals should contact their registration office in advance of attending appointments to confirm opening arrangements. Appointments are required. See full details of Registration Offices outside Dublin. The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment (DETE) continue to issue Employment Permits. Most types of immigration applications continue to be accepted and processed, although processing delays might occur. Travel Restrictions Travel is permitted from both European Economic Area (EEA) and non-EEA countries subject to the European Union's 'emergency brake' mechanism. The short stay visa waiver program has been re-activated and new nationalities added to the eligibility list.
• Property viewings are by appointment only and are very limited with social distancing in place.
• Video viewings are being offered when available.
• Lease signing is completed via DocuSign when available.
• Virtual assistance is being used for check-in inspections.
• Rental rates nationally have decreased; however, Dublin is seeing rates for one and two-bedroom apartments decrease dramatically; this is believed to be due to the landlords removing their properties from short-term rental platforms like Airbnb and placing them for rent long term.
• Teams are completing enhanced cleaning and sanitizing at checkout before new guests check-in.
• New reservations and cancellations are being handled on a case-by-case basis.
• Corporate housing remains a viable option for locations where assignees are unable to move into their long-term housing, as well as where hotels have, or will be, closed.
• Schools and childcare facilities will start to reopen from the 1 March and will be on a phased basis through to Easter.
• Childcare facilities for the children of essential workers are open.
• Social distancing and class bubbles will continue in all childcare and schools when they return.
• Further education facilities will continue with online learning where possible.
• An improved application TOUS anti COVID is available to allow for contact tracing when a case is detected; it also allows to identify closest labs for COVID testing; three permanent and mobile laboratories are set up to conduct free COVID-19 tests around the capital. The health pass will be available on the app after vaccination or by paper form at the time of vaccination.
• Returned to 100% capacity, face coverings must be worn.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Yes, Normal Service.
• Air: Limited services/departures prorates due to congestion and transit time are subject to change based on route and pricing by airlines; rates still expensive.
• Sea: Normal services back/booking confirmation take min 48 hours, booking of slot for sailing requires confirmation and are subject to change based on route planning by shipping lines; some delays at port which occur some additional cost at origin.
• Limited services due to current restrictions in other countries; export/import possible in Ireland; longer transit times.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative.