COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Online Registration through the Ehteraz website is mandatory to all travelers coming to the state of Qatar (including Qatar citizens and residents). This must be completed at least 12 hours before travel, travelers should upload the required official documents. They will be issued a travel permit approval, which they will be required to present to the boarding staff to be allowed to fly to Qatar and the Immigration officials upon arrival.
• 5-day home quarantine for non-vaccinated travelers travelling from green list country.
• 7-day quarantine in a government-approved facility booked via Discover Qatar for non-vaccinated travelers travelling from yellow list country.
• 10-day quarantine in a government-approved facility booked via Discover Qatar for non-vaccinated travelers travelling from red list country.
• All inbound/returning travelers to Qatar, including those previously vaccinated or previously infected, must take a pre-travel COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of arrival in Qatar at the country of origin in a medical center that their local ministry of health approved to offer/operate to do the PCR test for COVID-19.
• Travelers must install and activate the Ehteraz app on their mobile phone using locally authorized SIM cards available from one of the local providers.
• Travelers are advised to visit the Ministry of Public Health website and review entry requirements before travel.
• Issuance and processing of pre-arranged visit visas has resumed. It is anticipated that entry of businesspersons and tourists as well as family visits will initially be limited to individuals who have either been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e.: those who have completed their vaccination at least 14 days before arrival in Qatar) or who have recovered from COVID-19 and have received at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine.
• Resumption of issuance of business visas in a limited capacity.
• Exceptional issuance of short-term multiple entry work visas.
• Resumption of labor quota and work visa applications.
• Resumption of Qatar Visa Centre operations in select cities including: Nepal, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka.
• In-person immigration application submissions is now possible.
• Visas-on-arrival are expected to resume shortly.
• Travel Restrictions: The following travelers may enter Qatar:
- GCC nationals and their spouses and children traveling together.
- GCC nationals’ domestic workers accompanied by the sponsor or a sponsor's first-degree relative with a residence permit valid for at least six months and a passport valid for longer than their residence permit.
- Passengers with a diplomatic ID issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar.
- Spouses and children of nationals of Qatar with proof confirming blood relations.
- Qatar nationals’ domestic workers accompanied by the sponsor or a sponsor’s first-degree relative with a residence permit issued by Qatar.
- Foreign nationals with a residence permit (with a compulsory Exceptional Entry Permit) and approved work permits.
• Passengers transiting through Qatar's airport can continue their journey, provided they have valid documents for their next destination.
Home SearchServices currently offered:
• Lease checks
• Check in/out, with restrictions (i.e. masks/gloves and social distancing)
• Market availability
Temporary AccommodationsYes. Temporary accommodation such as hotels and short-term apartments can be arranged.
SchoolsAll schools in Qatar are closed until further notice.
• Social distancing requirements; wearing of masks and gloves.
• No social gatherings allowed.
• Supermarkets, pharmacies, catering services (home delivery) and petrol stations and car garages are open.
• Working hours are restricted to 7 a.m, to 1 p.m. for non-essential businesses.
• Downloading of government app is mandatory in Qatar. Non-compliance is penalized with AR $200,000Q fine or three years in jail.
• Flights: no inbound flights to Qatar.
• Trains: no trains running currently.
• Buses: no buses running currently.
• Trams: no trams running currently.
• Restrictions/timetables: masks required at all times.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Reduced service due to curfew daily by 5 p.m.; jobs need more
time to complete please be aware
• Shipping lines has increase substantially due to lack of flight and
• Reduced service
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative