COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredCOVID-19 Testing Requirements Vaccinated or Recovered Travelers Vaccinated travelers are exempt from obtaining a negative COVID-19 PCR test prior to arrival. They must carry a COVID-19 vaccination certificate with a valid QR code (except the US COVID-19 Vaccination Record) reflecting that they are fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), Covaxin, Covishield, Covovax, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer- BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik V. This does not apply to: UAE nationals Travelers below the age of 12; and Travelers with moderate or severe disability Travelers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most one month prior to departure along with a QR code. Nationals of Korea (Rep.) traveling under the Fast Track program must have an 'Isolation Exemption Certificate'. Travelers arriving in Dubai may be subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival and home quarantine until negative test results have been received. Non-vaccinated Travelers Unvaccinated travelers must have a negative result of a COVID-19 PCR test taken in the country of departure no later than 48 hours prior to departure to Dubai or Abu Dhabi. The test must be in Arabic or English. Travelers must bring an official printed or digital certificate in English or Arabic to check in – SMS certificates are not accepted. This does not apply to: UAE nationals Travelers with moderate or severe disability Travelers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most one month prior to departure along with a QR code. Travelers below the age of 12 (applicable for entry to Dubai); and Travelers below the age of 16 (applicable for entry to Abu Dhabi) Travelers transiting through Dubai are not required to present a COVID-19 PCR test unless it is required by the final destination. Unvaccinated travelers entering Abu Dhabi from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Congo, Congo (Dem. Rep.), Eswatini, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Nepal, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia or Zimbabwe must have: a printed negative COVID-19 PCR or RTPCR test taken at most 48 hours prior to departure of the last direct flight to United Arab Emirates (validity is calculated from the time the sample was taken). The test results must have a QR code and should be in Arabic or English and must be issued by an accredited laboratory. Nationals of Korea (Rep.) traveling under the Fast Track program must have an 'Isolation Exemption Certificate'. Travelers arriving in Dubai may be subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival and home quarantine until negative test results have been received. A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued in the UAE presented upon departure from UAE can be accepted for re-entry into Dubai if it meets the specific requirements of the departure country. Quarantine Requirements Travelers subject to an optional COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival in the UAE must quarantine at home until negative test results have been received. Those testing positive must quarantine at home for 10 days or as per the guidance provided by the relevant health authorities on arrival.
ImmigrationGovernment offices have resumed full operations. Entry to government agencies requires a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate, obtained no more than 48 hours prior to their visit, or proof of COVID-19 vaccination. COVID-19 PCR test every 7 days for all government employees in Abu Dhabi. Contact your Fragomen professional for information on the processing of new work authorizations (short- and long-term) as application processes for individuals outside the UAE may be suspended in select jurisdictions and / or for nationals of select countries. Travel Restrictions UAE nationals who are not vaccinated and who have not received the booster dose are not allowed to exit the UAE. This does not apply to: UAE nationals who are below 18 years; Individuals with medical disabilities; and Individuals recovered from COVID-19 in the past three months.
Home SearchServices currently offered include:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant(s) was never a suspected or probable case individual and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties
• Additionally agents can assist with:
- Needs assessment calls.
- Sharing housing market information.
- Sharing sample properties online.
- Conducting lease contract reviews and negotiation.
- Coordinating and assisting in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Providing school information.
- Coordinating temporary housing bookings.
- Providing information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Providing information on local registration requirements.
• Tertiary level (e.g. universities and other higher education institutions):
- Face-to-Face teaching is permitted only if the students absolutely need to be onsite (e.g. instruction on operating a particular machine, dissection during medical studies) and if the teaching forms an essential part of the course of study, otherwise, a switch to remote learning is required.
- Examinations linked to study courses or higher vocational training and the examinations necessary for obtaining an official certificate may be held on-site provided that the precautionary measures are observed.
• Face coverings
Public TransportOpen, with social distancing and all passengers must wear a mask.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Video only
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Reduced services; average increase approxomately 25% particularly affected USA, UK, and Netherlands, etc.
• Sea: Reduced services causing spacing issues and increases in pricing.
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative.