COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• There are no medical certificate requirements.
• Employees of companies operating in five business categories who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine must undergo mandatory COVID-19 PCR testing every 14 days. The business categories include: Hotels, restaurants, transportation and health, social and individual activities related to laundries, beauty salons, and barbershops.
• South Korean nationals entering under the Fast-Track Entry System are subject to specific entry and quarantine requirements. Please contact your Fragomen representative for more information.
• Fully vaccinated citizens and residents of Bahrain, Greece, Serbia, and Seychelles who are entering from those countries are exempt from quarantine requirements due to safe travel corridor agreements that are in force.
• Individuals visiting the Al Seha Medical Centers in Abu Dhabi to complete their medical fitness test for immigration purposes must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate, obtained no more than 72 hours prior to their visit.
• Individuals visiting the FAIC Authority in Dubai to complete their biometrics for immigration purposes must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate, obtained no more than 72 hours prior to their visit or provide proof via the Al Hosn App that they have been fully vaccinated in the UAE.
• Government offices have resumed full operations.
• Entry to government agencies requires a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate, obtained no more than 48 hours prior to their visit, or evidence they have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Contact your Fragomen professional for information on the processing of new work authorizations (short- and long-term) as application processes for individuals outside the UAE may be suspended in select jurisdictions and / or for nationals of select countries.
• Suspension of flights to and from Afghanistan until further notice.
• Entry via land borders has resumed.
Home SearchServices currently offered include:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant(s) was never a suspected or probable case individual and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties
• Additionally agents can assist with:
- Needs assessment calls.
- Sharing housing market information.
- Sharing sample properties online.
- Conducting lease contract reviews and negotiation.
- Coordinating and assisting in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Providing school information.
- Coordinating temporary housing bookings.
- Providing information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Providing information on local registration requirements.
• Tertiary level (e.g. universities and other higher education institutions):
- Face-to-Face teaching is permitted only if the students absolutely need to be onsite (e.g. instruction on operating a particular machine, dissection during medical studies) and if the teaching forms an essential part of the course of study, otherwise, a switch to remote learning is required.
- Examinations linked to study courses or higher vocational training and the examinations necessary for obtaining an official certificate may be held on-site provided that the precautionary measures are observed.
• Vaccinations are ongoing and available to all residents with a valid Emirates ID Card, People can reserve an appointment through the DHA smartphone app or through the contact center on 800 342.
Public TransportOpen, with social distancing and all passengers must wear a mask.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Video only
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Reduced services; average increase approxomately 25% particularly affected USA, UK, and Netherlands, etc.
• Sea: Reduced services causing spacing issues and increases in pricing.
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative.