COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Negative COVID-19 PCR, LAMP or antigen test, conducted no more than 48 hours before entry.
- Travelers can submit a Digital COVID Certificate as evidence.
- Cross-border workers and students must present a test up to one week old.
- The test certificate must be in Swedish, English, Norwegian or Danish and must contain the traveler's name, test time, test type, test result and details of who issued the certificate.
• The following categories are exempt:
- Travelers from EU/Schengen Area/European Economic Area countries, carrying a vaccination certificate or proof of recovery (e.g., demonstrated by a Digital COVID Certificate).
- Direct travel from Denmark, Finland, Iceland or Norway.
- Swedish citizens and registered residents.
- Travelers under 18
- Transport staff
- Those traveling for urgent family reasons.
• There are no quarantine requirements.
• Government offices are operating normally.
• Applicants are advised to submit biometric data at a consular post, where these are still open, to ensure their applications progress despite current entry restrictions. This ensures expedited in country processing once entry restrictions are lifted. Applicants are advised to check availability of consular posts.
• Travel Restrictions: Until August 31, entry is permitted for the following categories:
- Travelers from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and Norway.
- Travelers from EU/Schengen Area/European Economic Area countries.
- EEA nationals or nationals of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, or Vatican City, and their close family members.
- Sweden/EU permanent residents; Sweden/EEA residence permit holders; or travelers holding a long-term visa issued by Sweden, an EEA country, of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, or Vatican City, and their close family members.
- UK nationals and their family members with EU residence rights under the Withdrawal Agreement.
- Residents of countries ‘green-listed’.
- Highly skilled workers whose work cannot be postponed or performed remotely.
- Individuals in transit
- Essential staff, including healthcare, transport and cross-border workers and those with urgent travel purposes.
• Swedish border police are checking inbound travel across the Swedish-Norwegian, the SwedishFinnish borders and on the Swedish side of the Öresund Bridge which connects Sweden and Denmark.
• Exit restrictions may apply.
Home SearchCurrent services offered:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• Additional available services:
- Needs assessment calls
- Share housing market information.
- Share sample properties online.
- Conduct lease contract reviews and negotiations.
- Coordinate and assist in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Provide school information.
- Coordinate temporary housing bookings.
- Provide information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Provide information on local registration requirements.
Temporary AccommodationsNormal services continue.
• Normal services continue.
• High schools and universities remain closed.
General InformationNo information to report at this time.
Public TransportOperating as normal.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Normal services but high rates
• Sea: Normal services but high rates
• Normal services
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?