COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Quarantine and COVID-19 Testing: Requirements: 21-day quarantine at a government facility for all travelers from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Pakistan.
• 14-day quarantine at a government facility for travelers from all other countries (this may be extended based on risk assessment by health officials). In limited instances, individuals may apply in advance to undergo home quarantine.
• Negative RT-PCR COVID-19 screening test result must be completed no earlier than 72 hours prior to arrival in Malaysia.
• RT-PCR COVID-19 testing required for all travelers upon arrival at the port of entry in Malaysia.
• There is no health certificate requirement in Malaysia.
• Malaysia and Singapore announced the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) and Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) schemes for different groups of travelers between Malaysia and Singapore. The RGL facilitates essential travel for business and official purposes for a single-entry into Malaysia for a maximum 14-day stay. The PCA allows Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents to travel to Malaysia via land border crossings to work. Those who enter under the PCA must remain in Malaysia for at least 90 days before being able to return to Singapore for short-term home leave and subsequent re-entry into Malaysia. Applications for entry on the basis of either the RGL or PCA must be submitted at least 10 business days ahead of the intended date of travel. The RGL has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
• As Malaysia progresses through the four-phase National Recovery Plan, each phase will be announced by the government as it occurs. It is anticipated that Phase 4 will occur sometime in November or December 2021.
• Government offices, including the immigration department, are operational but delays can be expected in processing times.
• TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Foreign nationals and their dependents, including foreign maids to foreign nationals who hold a valid long-term pass and/or have obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia must first obtain entry permission (Entry Approval Letter) from the Director-General of Immigration prior to entry. Fragomen can assist with the submission of the Entry Approval Letter (EAL) application. Entry is only permitted for those who are currently holding a valid pass or an approved pass application in the following categories, following issuance of the EAL:
- Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependents.
- Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Dependent Pass for all categories of foreign nationals.
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) for all categories of foreign nationals.
- Foreign maids to foreign nationals for all categories.
• Entry ban for tourists and foreign visitors until further notice.
• Ban on overseas travel for Malaysians and expatriates in Malaysia until further notice. Exceptions apply in limited circumstances.
• An inter-state travel ban remains in effect nationwide until further notice.
- Malaysian students, workers, spouses and children of Malaysian citizens currently residing in India, as well as religious groups who were in India, are allowed entry but must undergo quarantine in designated quarantine centers upon arrival.
• Physical viewing is possible, however it is subject to building management's approval.
SchoolsAll schools are closed.
• Under Phase 2: Dine-in is allowed at restaurants and all F&B outlets including food courts, hotels, kiosks, cafes, clubhouses, and more. Only fully vaccinated patrons will be allowed to dine in with adherence to SOPs and social distancing measures.
- Hotel stays and homestays are allowed within the same state.
- More businesses are allowed to reopen including retail outlets selling handicrafts, antiques, photography equipment, flowers, toys, cosmetics, furniture, sports equipment, vehicle accessories, clothes, and more. Night markets and weekend markets are also allowed to operate. Only those who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to head out to these newly reopened businesses.
- Interdistrict travel (and travelling between KL, Selangor, and Putrajaya) is allowed for fully vaccinated individuals with no restriction to the number of passengers per vehicle. All roadblocks previously set within Klang Valley will be lifted.
- For those who are not fully vaccinated, only 2 people per household are allowed to head out for the purpose of getting daily necessities such as food and medicine. The capacity of taxis and e-hailing vehicles remains at 2 people including the driver.
- Face-to-face business activities such as seminars, conferences, and talks are still not allowed.
- Most businesses are allowed to operate from 6AM - 10PM daily. https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2021/09/08/ismail-sabri-kl-selangor-and-putrajaya-to-move-to-phase-2-of-nrp-from-friday-sept-10
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Malaysia EMCO extended from July 3 to 16. Given the rise of number in Klang Valley, is date was imposed on several localities including i KL and Mukim in Selangor beginning July 3. With this EMCO implementation, all roads in affected will be closed and guarded by Police. All residents in the EMCO areas are not allowed to leave their home except one person each household to buy basic necessities within 10 km of their home. Location details please check with us. Due to affected areas, expect delays in response. As of 6 July, we checked with the Police Station again, they confirmed we can carry out our packing and delivery jobs provided client applies the permit from the nearest police station. Once approved, we can carry out the job anytime. • With other interstate jobs, business is as usual.
• Air: Reduced Services. Average 50% increase in freight rates as a consequence of reduced carriers.
• Sea: Reduced services are causing scheduling issues and for cargo that is deemed non - essential - Average costs increased 15% and are expected to rise with effect in the next 3 months. UK is majorly affected.
• Operations Packing and Delivery Service business as usual for logistics industry. We are required to have an approbal letter from Employer on hand as well as adhere to SOP and precautionary measures in case there's road block. Local Interstate Travel Ban Till May 17,2021.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?