COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredCOVID-19 Testing Requirements
• Negative result from a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure for Chile for all travelers two years old and older (including Chilean nationals and residents).
• COVID-19 PCR testing on arrival at the airport for all travelers. If the result of the test is positive, the individual will need to quarantine at home or their hotel (or in a government facility as determined by health authorities) for 14 days. Quarantine Requirements Vaccinated or Recovered Travelers
• Fully vaccinated travelers who hold a Mobility Pass issued by the government of Chile must quarantine until they receive negative results from a COVID-19 PCR test performed after arrival in Chile.
• 7-day home quarantine for Chilean nationals and residents who have been in Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa or Zimbabwe (regardless of vaccination status). Non-vaccinated Travelers
• 7-day home quarantine for all travelers entering without a Mobility Pass.
• Consular posts are resuming processing and issuance of initial work and residence visas and Tourist Visas for fully vaccinated foreign nationals who hold a Mobility Pass (Pase de Movilidad) issued by the government of Chile. Processing and issuance of visas for other foreign nationals remains suspended until further notice, due to the current entry ban (see Travel Restrictions below).
• The Immigration Department continues to accept, process, and adjudicate in-country visa and residence applications. Foreign nationals can submit their initial Work Contract Visa applications or initial Temporary Residence Visa applications through a post office branch; or can submit their Work Contract Visa or Temporary Residence Visa renewal, change of employer or permanent residence applications through the Department's digital portal.
• The Civil Registry office has resumed some operations. Foreign nationals can apply for their Chilean Identity Cards but should expect delays in the issuance of the cards.
• The International Police Department (PDI) has resumed some operations:
- Foreign nationals can complete their visa registration online. Delays can be expected due to updates and technical issues with the online platform.
- Foreign nationals can request travel certificates, tourist card duplicates, residence certificates, and duplicates of visa registration by email while the PDI develops their online platform to include these services.
• In-person requests and issuance of police clearance certificates at the Civil Registry office have resumed in a limited capacity. Individuals who have obtained a ClaveUnica password from the Civil Registry may request the certificate online through the Civil Registry's website; the certificate will then be issued digitally Travel Restrictions Vaccinated or Recovered Travelers
• Fully vaccinated foreign nationals can enter through the Antofagasta, Iquique, Punta Arenas and Santiago airports. This exception does not apply to non-resident foreign nationals traveling from or who have been in Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa or Zimbabwe within 14 days prior to traveling to Chile.
• To enter, travelers must validate their vaccination certificate and obtain a Mobility Pass (Pase de Movilidad) issued by the government of Chile, at https://mevacuno.gob.cl/. This process can take up to one month. Non-vaccinated Travelers x
• Entry ban at all ports of entry until January 31, 2022 for non-resident foreign nationals, except:
- Children under the age of six;
- Foreign nationals holding a valid visain-process receipt issued in Chile;
- Children or parents of a Chilean national or resident entering as tourists, provided they travel with the apostilled or legalized birth certificate proving their relationship to the Chilean national or resident;
- The spouse or partner of a Chilean national or resident entering Chile as tourist, provided they show documentation issued in Chile proving their marriage or civil union (such as a Chilean marriage certificate or civil union certificate). If the marriage or civil union documentation was issued by another country, the individual requires approval from a Chilean consulate (a safe passage document) to enter Chile;
- Foreign nationals seeking entry for business reasons who hold a safe passage issued by a Chilean consular post; and
- Other specific and limited exceptions such as for passengers in transit or foreign nationals who hold a safe passage issued by a Chilean consular post, among others.
Home SearchProperty visits are available for some locations.
• Serviced apartments are accepting new bookings from self-quarantined guests; they guarantee the disinfection and sanitization of the apartments.
• Bookings being made virtually and apartments are available.
• Some temporary accommodations providers are providing rate discounts for guests that are currently occupying existing accommodations.
Schools- Children starting 6 years old must wear a face mask
• No information to report at this time.
• Public transport continues to operate with limited service.
• Mandatory use of masks in any means of public or private transport.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both / video recommended
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Open but slow
• Sea: Open but slow
• Open but slow
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• Packing - Yes, but will need to have a representative.
• Delivery - No