COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• All individuals (including Brazilian nationals) arriving by air must show documentation issued by an accredited laboratory in English, Portuguese or Spanish indicating they have tested negative on a COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before departure and must complete a health declaration certifying they will comply with all health regulations in Brazil during their stay. The negative result and the health declaration must be presented to the airline representative in order to complete the flight check in. Children under the age of two, and children between the ages of two and 11 accompanied by an adult, are exempt from the testing requirement.
• This requirement is waived for individuals who had COVID-19 within 90 days prior to traveling to Brazil ((counted from the first day of symptoms) and who do not show any COVID-19 symptoms. They must show:
- Two positive results from COVID-19 RT-PCR tests taken at least 14 days apart and the second one within 72 hours prior to departure.
- A negative or undetected result from a COVID-19 antigen test taken after the second COVID-19 RT-PCR test mentioned above.
- A medical certificate in English, Portuguese or Spanish signed by a doctor indicating the individual is asymptomatic and able to travel. It must include the individual’s intended travel date to Brazil.
• In addition to the above testing requirement, foreign nationals who will work on board a vessel or platform operating in Brazilian waters must show a negative or undetected result from a COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours, to be able to board the vessel or platform.
• 14-day home quarantine for all individuals exempt from the entry ban who have been in India, South Africa, or the United Kingdom within 14 days prior to their arrival in Brazil.
• The Ministry of Justice is accepting, processing and adjudicating residence permit applications.
• Federal Police offices are resuming operations and slowly beginning to schedule appointments for registrations, Mercosur applications, family reunion requests and other services. Delays can be expected for appointment availability due to closures over the past months.
• Federal revenue offices have resumed operations in a limited capacity (for exceptional requestsonly) with reduced staff. Foreign nationals can continue to request CPF documents (tax identification) by email through the federal revenue; such documents will be issued by email.
• State Traffic Department (DETRAN) offices are starting to resume services. Delays can be expected due to closures over the past months.
• Travel Restrictions: All flights originating from or transiting in India, South Africa or the United Kingdom are suspended until further notice.
• Entry ban until further notice for all foreign nationals who have been in India, South Africa or the United Kingdom (including in transit) within 14 days of their arrival in Brazil.
• Entry ban until further notice for all foreign nationals entering by land or sea.
• The following exceptions apply to the entry bans:
- foreign nationals holding a Brazilian residence authorization.
- foreign nationals holding an RNM local identification document.
- The spouse, de facto partner, child, parent or guardian of a Brazilian citizen.
- Maritime crew holding an offshore visa; or maritime crew holding a valid Seaman’s Book, provided they enter by air (or by sea only to transfer to the airport as authorized by immigration authorities).
- Foreign nationals entering (with an entry visa where applicable) through land borders with Paraguay.
- Certain border city residents entering through land borders, among others.
Home SearchProperty visits are currently available.
• Serviced apartments accepting new bookings from self-quarantined guests.
• Bookings being made virtually; apartments are available.
• Some temporary accommodations providers are providing rate discounts for guests that are currently occupying the accommodations.
• Schools are closed until further notice; administrative staff are working to attend to some parents and potential parents' requests for information.
• Schools are working with virtual classes and direct communications with each family.
General InformationNo information to report at this time.
Public TransportPublic transportation is available.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both / video recommended
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Normal service at present
• Sea: Normal service at present
• Normal service at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?