Evolution of Duty of Care: Strategies for Relocation
Duty of care, historically defined as an organisations responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of its employees, has evolved since the COVID-19 pandemic. Duty of care is moving beyond compliance and safety to also include contingency planning and support for globally mobile employees when a traditional path will not suffice.
With an ever-increasing list of socio-political disrupters, such as tax and immigration changes, civil or social unrest, natural disasters, supply chain issues and health crises, to name a few, having viable contingency strategies in place are more critical than ever to mobilising key talent around the world.
Evolution of Duty of Care
Sirva’s recent webinar, Contingency Strategies for Relocation: The Evolution of Duty of Care, addresses:
- How to drive duty of care within Mobility
- How to apply expanded policy and program support
- Impacts of expansion of duty of care on elevation of mobility programs and enhanced employee experience
- How Mobility can support organizational contingency strategies
Driving Duty of Care with Mobility
Key Tips for Relocation Managers
- Identify and define acceptable types of contingency support
- Socialize contingency plans
- Aim to reduce escalations and exceptions, ensuring a better employee experience
- Reduce stress by developing a clear plan
- Consider the impact of a playbook on productivity and costs
Watch our webinar replay for additional details about how duty of care support is evolving. If you would like to learn more about how Sirva can help you support your evolving duty of care responsibilities, please contact Sirva Global Advisory Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your Sirva representative.