COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Negative COVID-19 PCR obtained within 72 hours prior to departure for all individuals entering Peru and results must be presented at the airport. Children under the age of 12 may opt out of COVID-19 testing but must then show a medical certificate of good health.
• 14-day home quarantine for all nationals and residents arriving from or who have transited through South Africa within 14 days prior to traveling to Peru.
• Online Affidavit of Health (Declaración Jurada de Salud) available on the National Superintendence of Immigration’s website. Must be submitted within 72 hours prior to the trip.
• All individuals entering Peru by air must also submit a travel pre-registration through the Pre Registro Migraciones online application intended to expedite their immigration process at Peruvian airports. The application is currently available only in android devices.
• Individuals entering or exiting Peru will not receive a stamp in their passport; if they need a record of their exit or entry, they can download their Digital Andean Migration Card from Migraciones's website. However, due to a technical issue, the business visitor status (NEG) previously stamped in a visa-exempt foreign national’s passport is not currently being shown on the online TAM, resulting in a foreign national’s inability to demonstrate legal status to undertake business or allowable short-term technical and highly specialized activities in Peru. Host companies and foreign nationals are advised to contact their immigration professional for assistance with verifying a foreign national’s business visitor status directly at Migraciones’s office while the system issue is fixed.
• The National Superintendence of Immigration (Migraciones) is processing previously-filed applications, and implemented online platforms where foreign nationals can file in-country change of status applications, resident visa renewal applications, student work permit applications, appeals, and requests for special travel permits and permits to sign documents, among others.
- Services and processing may be delayed due to closures during the past months, implementation of the new online systems and reduced staff.
• Processing of consular visa applications has resumed. Employers and foreign nationals can nowapply for work authorization under the consular process option through the National Superintendence of Immigration’s online platform. Processing may be delayed due to closures during the past months and implementation of the process on the online system.
• Longer processing times for in-country change of status to Resident Visa applications should be expected:
- Government processing time is now approximately four and a half months, up from the statutory processing time of three months, due to a continued backlog.
- Approximately one to two weeks after approval and registration of the Resident Worker Visa approval with Migraciones, foreign nationals can download a digital certificate that serves as their identity card (and allows employers to enroll the foreign national in payroll and foreign nationals to start work).
- However, some foreign nationals may need to submit additional biometrics in person at the discretion of immigration authorities before they can obtain their digital certificate, which may further delay the work and payroll start date by two to three weeks. Foreign nationals must appear in person at the exact date and time scheduled by Migraciones; appointments cannot be rescheduled.
- Foreign nationals applying for in-country change of status can submit photographs and sign the application digitally. However, foreign nationals must now retrieve their local identity card in person once it is approved (which can currently take up to three weeks, up from the usual one to five days).
• TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Peru is gradually resuming international commercial flights. Flights to and from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, the United States, Uruguay, and European countries are now allowed.
• Entry ban until October 31, 2021, for non-residents arriving from or who have transited through South Africa within 14 days prior to traveling to Peru.
• Suspension of flights from South Africa until October 31, 2021.
• Closure of land borders for non-resident foreign nationals until further notice.
Home SearchProperty visits are available, restricted to unoccupied properties with prior coordination.
• Serviced apartments accepting new bookings only from self-quarantined guests.
• Bookings being made virtually and apartments are available for periods of at least one month.
• Some temporary accommodation providers are providing rate discounts for guests that are currently occupying the accommodation.
• Schools are closed until further notice; administrative staff are working to attend to parent and potential parent information requests.
• Schools are working with virtual classes; the communication is being done directly with each family.
• A vaccination booster campaign will begin in mid-September 2021 to populations at risk who were vaccinated at the start of the year.
• The driver is separated from passengers by a distance of at least one meter.
• Travelers are reminded to maintain distance/barrier measures.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Yesm but some areas still facing restrictions.
• Air: Normal service at present.
• Sea: Normal service at present.
• Normal service at present.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?