COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredCOVID-19 Testing Requirements The Austrian government announced new requirements to enter the country effective February 22, 2021: 3-G is required for arrivals from all countries: either valid proof of vaccination, or a negative Covid-test, or proof of recovery. Individuals are allowed to enter without valid proof of 3-G, but are required to register upon entry (pre-travel clearance)and quarantine for 10 days. A negative test result ends the quanratine.
• In Vienna, biometrics can only be scheduled after arrival. Applicants submit a passport stamp or flight ticket to confirm their arrival date, and a negative COVID-19 test result. This causes delay in obtaining residence permits.
• Extension applications should still be submitted via email, if possible.
• Approved residence permits are being delivered via regular mail.
• Address registrations are to be completed via email.
• Most consular posts have reopened. Please check with your consular post before visiting.
- The embassy in New Delhi currently only accepts residence permit applications. Travel Restrictions Travel from high-risk countries (‘virus variant areas’) is limited to essential purposes:
- Austrian/EU/European Economic Area/Swiss nationals and residents, and their cohabiting family members; Vaccinated or Recovered Travelers Non-vaccinated Travelers
- Austrian residence permit or residence document holders (including Article 50 filing confirmation);
- Travelers entering to start or proceed with studies or research, or who are in school in Austria;
- Those traveling for professional reasons;
- Travelers with exceptional, urgent or important family reasons for travel (including visiting a life partner);
- Transport staff; and
- Individuals in transit (carrying documents securing exit from Austria).
• Entry from safe / low-risk countries and from other countries (neither low- nor high-risk) is permitted without restriction on entry purpose.
• Border checks at the land borders with Hungary and Slovenia until May 11, 2022.
• Virtual services only, where possible.
• In-person property viewings are restricted.
Temporary AccommodationsProperties are available.
• Schools are open
• For up to date information on the COVID-19 situation in Austria (entry requirements in hotels, restaurants etc.), we recommend to visit the website of the Austrian National Tourist Board: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information
• Only those who are vaccinated are allowed to use the ski lifts.
• For Hotels, restaurants, and hairdressers, proof of full vaccination/recovery from COVID-19 is mandatory. Hotels will close to tourists who are not already staying in the hotel prior to the lockdown.
• Workplaces will remain open, however employees should work from home when possible.
• Non-essential shops will close.
• FFP2 masks are required to be worn in all closed spaces and in workplaces.
• For events with 25 people or more, proof of full vaccination/recovery is mandatory (children under the age of 12 are exempt).
• Vaccines will become mandatory from February 2022.
• Public transportion is available.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
•Yes, but restricted to small operations
• Air: Limited number of flights (case-by-case), high rates
• Sea: Normal service at present
• Limited trucking capacity available; high rates.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative.