Visa & Immigration Update | Skilled Migration List Consultation
by Maria Hrambanis | December 7, 2017
As advised in our previous Client Alerts, the eligible 457 occupation lists (the MLTSSL and STSOL) will be reviewed every 6 months by the Department of Employment, with the next update to the lists being in January 2018.
The Department has developed a ‘Traffic Light’ system to flag possible changes to occupations currently listed on the MLTSSL and STSOL as follows:
- Green: Those occupations where initial labour market analysis suggests no change is likely
- Orange: Occupations which may move from MLTSSL to STSOL
- Yellow: Occupations which may move from STSOL to MLTSSL
- Red: Occupations which may be removed from STSOL and/or MLTSSL altogether
- Blue: Occupations which may be added to STSOL and/or MLTSSL having been previously removed
Because there were substantial changes to the lists in April and July 2017, the Government has advised they will prioritise continuity and stability. There are no proposed changes to the MLTSSL at this time.
Please find below a link to the 'Traffic Light ' bulletin for consultation purposes. Stakeholder feedback will be taken into account before the list is finalised.
The public consultation period is open until 1 December 2017. SIRVA Immigration can assist you with making submissions on behalf of your organisation.
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is of a general nature only and does not constitute legal advice. For more detailed and case specific information or advice, please contact the visa team at SIRVA Relocation on
[Maria Hrambanis LLB BCom, Manager - Visa & Immigration (MARN 1067049)]