COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Fully vaccinated and recovered travelers do not need to carry a negative COVID-19 test.
- Recovered travelers must be entering by air or sea, and must carry a positive COVID-19 NAAT test issued 11-180 days before entry and a certificate of recovery. Travelers from the United Kingdom are not eligible for this exemption.
- Fully vaccinated travelers, carrying a vaccination certificate confirming full vaccination at least 14 days before entry by a European Medicines Agency- or World Health Organization emergency use-approved vaccine, are exempt from the NAAT test requirement. The vaccination certificate should include the traveler’s name, vaccination date, vaccine type, number of doses, issuing country and details on the administering institution.
• Travelers up to 12 years of age, travelers from EU 'greenlisted' countries, and travelers from the below EU regions need not carry a negative COVID-19 test, vaccination or recovery certificate:
- Austria (excluding Salzburg and Wien), Croatia (excluding Jadranska Hrvatska), France (excluding Corse, Martinique, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, Guadeloupe, Guyane, Ile-deFrance, La Reunion, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Occitanie, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, BourgogneFranche-Comte, Bretagne, Centre-Val de Loire, Grant Est, Hauts-deFrance, Normandie and Pays de la Loire), Germany (excluding Hamburg), Italy (excluding Piemonte, Liguria, Lombardia, Abruzzo, Calabria, Campania, Basilicata, Sicilia, Sargedna, Provincia Autónoma di Trento, Veneto, Friulli-Veneza Giulia, Emilia-Romagna, Toscana, Umbria, Marche, Lazio), or Norway (excluding Oslo, More og Romsdal, Adger, Vestland, Troms og Finnmark). This includes deadheading crew.
• Immigration offices in Spain are operating at limited capacity following COVID-19 guidelines.
• Administrative deadlines for processing new and renewal applications have been reinstated; however, there are still some delays.
• TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Until October 31, 2021, entry is only allowed for:
- Residents of the European Union, Schengen associated States, Andorra, Monaco, the Vatican (Holy See) or San Marino who provide documentary evidence.
- Immediate family members of an EU national travelling together or to join the EU national;
- Unmarried partners of Spanish nationals who hold a certificate confirming their relationship issued by a Spanish consulate.
- Holders of a long-term visa issued by the EU Member State or Schengen associated State to which they are traveling.
- Healthcare, elderly care professionals and health researchers entering to undertake their work activities.
- Personnel engaged in the transport of goods; and sea and flight crew required to carry out air transport activities.
- Members of diplomatic missions, consular posts, international and military organizations, civil protection, and humanitarian organizations entering to perform their official duties;
- Students undertaking their studies in an EU Member State or Schengen Associated State who hold the corresponding visa/permit and medical coverage, provided they are traveling to the country where they carry out their studies, during the academic year or 15 days before its commencement.
- Highly qualified employees whose activity is mandatory, cannot be postponed or undertaken remotely. This category includes individuals traveling to Spain to participate in upscale sports competitions. These circumstances must be documented.
- Persons travelling for imperative family reasons (which must be documented);
- Persons who provide documentary evidence of force majeure or necessity, or whose entry is permitted on humanitarian grounds.
- Residents of the countries ‘greenlisted’ by the European Union, travelling directly from these countries (transit through other locations permitted).
- Fully vaccinated travelers over 12, holding a vaccination certificate recognized by the Health Ministry (see Health Requirements below for details); and children under 12 accompanying fully vaccinated adults. Residents of the United Kingdom, aged 12 or over, arriving directly from the United Kingdom must have either: (1) A COVID-19 vaccination certificate confirming full vaccination at least 14 days prior to departure by a European Medicines Agency- or WHO-approved vaccine. (2) A negative COVID-19 test taken at most 72 hours before arrival. Tests accepted: CRISPR, HAD, LAMP, NEAR, PCR, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR, SDA and TMA. The test result must be in English, German, Spanish or accompanied by a sworn translation.
• Land borders to enter Spain through Ceuta and Melilla are closed.
Home SearchServices currently offered:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties
• Additionally agents can assist with:
- Needs assessment calls.
- Sharing housing market information.
- Sharing sample properties online.
- Conducting lease contract reviews and negotiation.
- Coordinating and assisting in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Providing school information.
- Coordinating temporary housing bookings.
- Providing information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Providing information on local registration requirements.
• Yes, bookings are being made virtually
• No face-to-face support
• Apartments are available
• Primary school students returned to school in January.
• Children of 1 class will be sent on a 2-week quarantine if a case is confirmed within the group; parents will be allowed to request unpaid leave to stay home with their children under these circumstances.
• Distance education is promoted to the maximum in Secondary, Baccalaureate, FP, Adult Education, and Special Regime Teaching; students will not return in person until mid-January.
• State of national emergency expired 21 June.
• No time restrictions to go outside or practice sport outdoors.
• Free movement within all the regions in Spain.
• The use of masks is compulsory for everybody, except children below 6 years, in public spaces (indoors and outdoors) if keeping the security distance of 1.5 meters is not possible; In case of non-compliance, fines from 100€ will apply.
• The use of masks for children aged 3-6 years is recommended.
• Sanitary and health inspections will take place in the airports.
• Prevention and hygiene measures will be applied in the work environment: reorganization of job positions in the offices, establishment of shifts at work, to avoid crowded offices.
• Meetings of up to 20 people may take place in private homes as well as in the street, keeping the security distance of 1.5 meters.
• Restaurants may open outside terraces to 75% capacity.
• Bars may open and it is allowed to seat in the bar, keeping the security distance of 1.5 meters.
• Weddings are allowed, indoors and outdoors, to a maximum of 150 guests in outdoors venues and 75 guests in indoors venues.
• Swimming pools will reopen but only 30% capacity.
• Beaches will reopen, keeping the security distance of 1.5 meters.
• Professional sports competitions will resume.
• Hotels and tourist lodgings can re-open including communal areas.
• Night clubs are not allowed to open.
• Shopping centers may open but only 40% capacity in common areas and 50% capacity in the shops.
• All shops in size may open but only 50% capacity.
• Streets markets will re-open but only to 50% capacity.
• Cinemas, theaters, music halls and monuments may open but only 50% capacity (pre-booking).
• Zoos and Aquarium may open but only 50% capacity.
• Cultural activities in libraries and museums are allowed, but only 50% capacity.
• Outdoors sports are allowed all day, without time limitation.
• Active and nature tourism, max 20 people per group.
• Group classes are allowed, to a maximum of 20 students, keeping the security distance of 1.5 meters.
• Universities will reopen, as well as some school courses, when parents cannot care about their children.
• Driving Schools will reopen.
• Some elderly residences will allowed visits.
• Trade Fairs are allowed to a maximum of 80 attendees.
• Casinos, recreative rooms, and betting shops, may open but only 50% capacity, guaranteeing a disinfection of the material, every 2 hours.
• Children activities will allowed, with a maximum of 200 children outdoors and 80 children indoors.
Public TransportYes. Operating as normal with safety precautions in place.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Yes with sanitary restrictions / Madrid partial lockdown from Sptember
21st (14 days minimum).
• Air: Limited services
• Sea: Normal services
• Limited services following countries limitations at destination.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?