COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredVaccinated Travelers:
• Fully vaccinated and recovered travelers, carrying a recognized vaccination or recovery certificate are exempt from pre-arrival PCR testing. Recovered travelers must have tested positive 14-180 days before entry. Quarantine and COVID-19 Testing:
• Negative COVID-19 PCR test results issued no less than 48 hours prior to arrival, for unvaccinated and non-recovered travelers. Travelers from the United States may alternatively submit negative rapid antigen test results.
- Students carrying a public document issued by a higher education institution in Serbia are test exempt.
- Travelers under 16 can enter without a negative test and without having to quarantine if accompanying an exempt close family member.
- Minors age 12-18 can alternatively complete a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test within 48 hours of entry.
- Serbian nationals and residents without test results or certificate(s) may alternatively complete 10-day quarantine (they must register via www.e-zdravlje.gov.rs and sign a quarantine consent statement).
• Travelers who are exempt from the documentation and quarantine requirements include the following:
- Nationals and of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro and Northern Macedonia, traveling from their country of nationality;
- Travelers transiting through Serbia for less than 12 hours;
- Individuals in the border area who perform agricultural work and have agricultural land in this area;
- Individuals who are residents of the border area and are employed in Serbia;
- Crew and cabin crew of aircrafts whose final destination is Serbia;
- Crew of transport vehicles when performing international air, road, rail and water traffic;
- Humanitarian convoys;
- Children under 12 years of age; and
- Persons who stayed outside Serbia for less than 48 hours and have a negative COVID-19 test issued by a laboratory in Serbia taken less than 48 hours prior to the first exit from Serbia, among other exceptions.
• Business travelers entering Serbia for business reasons who have previously notified the Serbian chamber of Commerce can enter without any of the documentation listed above if they obtain a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test within 24 hours of crossing the border.
• In-country COVID-19 test within 24 hours of entry and on the 7th day after arrival for travelers from Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe (‘countries of special risk’).
• 14-day home quarantine for travelers from Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe (‘countries of special risk’).
• Serbia has resumed immigration services.
• Consular posts have resumed visa application filing and processing, subject to local pandemic-related restrictions. Applicants should contact their consular post before visiting.
• Work permits can now be filed in person by appointment, by mail or by email (if the work permit is signed by e-signature).
• Immigration authorities have resumed processing initial and renewal residence permit applications. Applicants can now schedule residence permit filing appointments.
• Police authorities have resumed biometric data (photograph and fingerprints) collection and address registration services. Travel Restrictions
• Serbia has removed all travel restrictions.
• Services currently offered include:
- Virtual: Yes, limited face to face interaction
- Lease checks
- Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
- Negotiations: Yes
• Timelines: Yes, normal
• Market availability: yes, mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• We can still conduct needs assessment calls.
• Share housing market information.
• Share sample properties online.
• Conduct lease contract reviews and negotiation.
• Coordinate and assist in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
• Provide school information.
• Coordinate temporary housing bookings.
• Provide information on bank accounts opening requirements.
• Provide information on local registration requirements.
• Yes, bookings are being made virtually.
• No face-to-face support available.
• Apartments are currently available.
• All schools and education institutions are closed.
• Contact tracing
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Limited services
• Sea: Limited services
• Green light on import shipments mandatory
• Limited trucking capacity available; high rates.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative.