COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Vaccinated Travelers: Fully vaccinated travelers who hold a Mobility Pass issued by the government of Chile are subject to a reduced home quarantine period of five days.
- Effective November 1, 2021, they can end their quarantine early if they choose to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test after arrival and receive a negative result.
• Quarantine and COVID-19 Testing: Negative result from a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure for Chile for all travelers two years old and older (including Chilean nationals and residents).
• Possible COVID-19 PCR testing on arrival at the airport for any individual at the discretion of health authorities. If the result of the test is positive, the individual will need to quarantine at home or their hotel (or in a government facility as determined by health authorities) for 14 days.
• 7-day home quarantine for all travelers entering without a Mobility Pass.
• Digital Health Platforms: All individuals entering or exiting Chile must complete and submit an online Affidavit for Travelers prior to travel. The affidavit is only valid for 48 hours after submission.
• Non-resident foreign nationals entering Chile must show proof of health insurance with at least USD 30,000 coverage for COVID-19.
• Travelers entering Chile must provide their email address for health authorities to contact them and verify whether the individual shows any COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days after arrival.
• Consular posts are resuming processing and issuance of initial work and residence visas and Tourist Visas for fully vaccinated foreign nationals who hold a Mobility Pass (Pase de Movilidad) issued by the government of Chile. Processing and issuance of visas for other foreign nationals remains suspended until further notice, due to the current entry ban (see Travel Restrictions below).
• The Immigration Department continues to accept, process, and adjudicate in-country visa and residence applications. Foreign nationals can submit their initial Work Contract Visa applications or initial Temporary Residence Visa applications through a post office branch; or can submit their Work Contract Visa or Temporary Residence Visa renewal, change of employer or permanent residence applications through the Department's digital portal.
• Nationals of Brazil, China, Cuba, Haiti, and Peru can file their permanent residence applications online through the Immigration Department's digital portal like all other foreign nationals; they are normally required to appear at a ChileAtiende branch, but these offices are temporarily closed. These foreign nationals can submit digital copies of their police clearance certificate along with all other required documents but must submit their original documents at a ChileAtiende branch between October 13, 2021 and December 12, 2021.
• The Civil Registry office has resumed some operations. Foreign nationals can apply for their Chilean Identity Cards but should expect delays in the issuance of the cards.
• The International Police Department (PDI) has resumed some operations:
- Foreign nationals can complete their visa registration online. Delays can be expected due to updates and technical issues with the online platform.
- Foreign nationals can request travel certificates, tourist card duplicates, residence certificates, and duplicates of visa registration by email while the PDI develops their online platform to include these services.
• Suspension of in-person requests and issuance of police clearance certificates at the Civil Registry office until further notice. Individuals who have obtained a ClaveUnica password from the Civil Registry may request the certificate online though the Civil Registry's website; the certificate will then be issued digitally.
• Suspension of document apostille services at the Ministry of Foreign affairs until further notice due to quarantine measures in Santiago, except for certain urgent requests.
• TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: Entry ban at all ports of entry until October 31, 2021 for non-resident foreign nationals, except:
- Fully vaccinated foreign nationals entering Chile through the Antofagasta, Iquique, and Santiago airports. To enter, they must validate their vaccination certificate and obtain a Mobility Pass issued by the government of Chile, at https://mevacuno.gob.cl/. This process can take up to one month.
- Foreign nationals holding a valid visa-in-process receipt issued in Chile.
- Children or parents of a Chilean national or resident entering as tourists, provided they travel with the apostilled or legalized birth certificate proving their relationship to the Chilean national or resident.
- The spouse or partner of a Chilean national or resident entering Chile as tourist, provided they show documentation issued in Chile proving their marriage or civil union (such as a Chilean marriage certificate or civil union certificate). If the marriage or civil union documentation was issued by another country, the individual requires approval from a Chilean consulate (a safe passage document) to enter Chile.
- Foreign nationals seeking entry for business reasons who hold a safe passage issued by a Chilean consular post.
- Other specific and limited exceptions such as for passengers in transit or foreign nationals who hold a safe passage issued by a Chilean consular post, among others.
• Until October 31, 2021, Chilean nationals and residents seeking to exit the country will have to request an exit permit to travel abroad through the national police website, which will only be granted for reasons including essential activities, humanitarian or health reasons or for those who will not return to Chile.
- The exit restriction does not apply to fully vaccinated Chilean nationals, and residents who hold a valid Mobility Pass (Pase de Movilidad) issued by the government of Chile.
- Effective November 1, 2021, the exit restriction will not apply to children under the age of six.
Home SearchProperty visits are available for some locations.
• Serviced apartments are accepting new bookings from self-quarantined guests; they guarantee the disinfection and sanitization of the apartments.
• Bookings being made virtually and apartments are available.
• Some temporary accommodations providers are providing rate discounts for guests that are currently occupying existing accommodations.
• Schools are closed until further notice; administrative staff are working to attend to requests for information from parents and prospective parents.
• Schools are working with virtual classes and direct communications with each family.
• No information to report at this time.
• Public transport continues to operate with limited service.
• Mandatory use of masks in any means of public or private transport.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both / video recommended
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Open but slow
• Sea: Open but slow
• Open but slow
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• Packing - Yes, but will need to have a representative.
• Delivery - No