COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Symptomatic travelers, or travelers with COVID-19 symptoms in the 14 days preceding entry, must complete two COVID-19 tests in Taiwan.
- Travelers must complete the first COVID-19 test at the airport or a hospital and wait for the results at the group quarantine facility.
- Upon receiving a negative result, a second COVID-19 test must be completed at least 24 hours after the first test, and the foreign national must wait for the results at a government-designated facility (e.g., barracks or military training institutions).
- Upon receiving two negative test results and if the traveler only has mild symptoms, a doctor may grant permission to complete a 14-day quarantine at home or in a hotel.
• 14-day home quarantine for all travelers (including foreign nationals and Taiwanese nationals). Failure to do so will result in a fine of NT 100,000 to NT 1,000,000. Travelers from the Philippines must additionally practice self-health management for seven days after completing quarantine.
• Travelers may quarantine at relatives' residence, provided that they will stay in a separate room with a separate washroom facility; and that they will not reside with individuals 65 years and older, children six years and under, or persons with chronic diseases. If these conditions cannot be met, travelers must quarantine in a government-authorized hotel.
• 14-day quarantine at home/hotel for travelers arriving from the United Kingdom, South Africa or Eswatini or who have traveled to the United Kingdom, South Africa or Eswatini in the 14 days prior to arrival. The traveler must undergo COVID-19 testing before completing the quarantine. A 7- day self-health management will be required after the 14-day quarantine.
• Travelers arriving from Brazil or travelers who have traveled to Brazil in the past 14 days before entry must undergo a 14-day period of quarantine at a group quarantine facility. The traveler must undergo COVID-19 testing before completing the quarantine. Once a negative test is obtained, the traveler will be required to complete a subsequent 7-day period for self-health management at home.
• Taiwanese and Hong Kong SAR/Macau SAR Chinese with valid ARCs/APRCs/TRCs/Gold Cards and resident visas and have travelled to India in the past 14 days (including transiting through India) can enter Taiwan but must undergo a 14-day quarantine at a government group quarantine facility. COVID-19 testing will be conducted before completion of the quarantine period. After testing negative, travelers must complete a 7-day self-health management at home.
• The Taiwanese government and immigration authorities are open.
• The Taipei Economic & Cultural Office (TECO) has suspended the processing of visa applications until further notice.
• Continued suspension until further notice of the submission and adjudication of Exit & Entry Permit (EEP)applications for Mainland Chinese nationals.
• Entry ban for foreign nationals who do not have a valid ARC, except for urgent conditions, humanity reasons, or upon special approval until further notice.
• All transit flights into Taiwan have been suspended until further notice.
• Only the following travelers can enter Taiwan:
- Foreign national ARC/APRC/Gold Card holders.
- Foreign national Gold Card approval holders.
- Hong Kong/Macau Chinese nationals who hold a valid TRC, valid copy TRC, valid Gold Card, or Gold Card approval.
- Chinese nationals who hold a valid 依親/長期居留 (Taiwan national's spouse with a valid TRC).
- Those entering Taiwan for a funeral or other limited circumstances.
• The following visa-exempt entries and visitor visa entries for foreign nationals and visa on arrival/landing visas have been suspended, except for exemptions due to humanitarian reasons:
- Holders of valid Alien Resident Certificates (ARC) or Alien Permanent Resident Certificates (APRC).
- Holders of a Taiwan Resident Certificate (TRC) of a Taiwanese spouse or a Taiwanese without a valid Taiwan household.
- Foreign nationals who can produce documents showing that their entry has been granted by the overseas Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO), such as for a diplomatic or business purpose.
- Foreign nationals including Hong Kong SAR/Macau SAR Chinese who hold a valid ARC/APRC/Employment Gold Card and TRC.
- Foreign nationals who hold a valid special entry permit issued by TECO.
- Hong Kong SAR/Macau SAR citizens: valid TRC holders; special humanitarian reasons or emergency situations, spouses and underage children of Taiwan national(s).
• Foreign nationals, including Hong Kong SAR/Macau Chinese without valid ARCs/APRCs/TRCs/Gold Cards and resident visas who have travelled to India in the past 14 days (including transiting through India) prior to entering Taiwan are temporarily banned from entering the country.
• Taiwanese and Hong Kong SAR/Macau SAR Chinese with valid ARCs/APRCs/TRCs/Gold Cards and resident visas and have traveled to India in the past 14 days (including transiting through India) can enter Taiwan.
• Foreign nationals entering for purposes other than tourism may enter Taiwan only if granted a special entry permit by the TECO.
• Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders who hold a valid dependent TRC can enter with their TRC without having to apply for a special entry permit prior to entry into Taiwan.
• Suspension of e-gate entrance for all travelers without valid household registration, including foreign nationals as well as travelers from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
Home SearchServices currently offered:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction.
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• Additionally, agents can:
- Perform needs assessment calls.
- Share housing market information.
- Share sample properties online.
- Conduct lease contract reviews and negotiations.
- Coordinate and assist in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Provide school information.
- Coordinate temporary housing bookings.
- Provide information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Provide information on local registration requirements.
• Compulsory schools: Face-to-Face teaching is permitted; schools must implement precautionary measures.
• Only a few homeowners decline to let apartments to expats, especially for low-budgeted housings; viewings are not limited as long as the expats have completed the 14 days quarantine and everyone is regulated to wear a mask and be temperature taken before entering the buildings.
• Taiwan has gone 54 days with no new cases reported; however, the government continues to remind people to always wear mask, frequent handwashing and safe distances.
• Shops/cafes/restaurants/services such as hairdressers and car garages are open.
• Taiwan will lift ban on mask exports on 1 June.
• Taiwan will lift crowd control measures restrictions effective of 7 June.
• Flights: Starting June 25, international air passengers will be allowed to transit through Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
- Transiting passengers can only linger in the airport for a total of 8 hours and they may only transfer between planes of the same airline group.
- Those with short transits of an hour or less will be kept in a line that is separate from other passengers.
- Specially authorized airport staff will be allowed to sell the passengers food and duty-free products; passengers who remain over 1 hour will need to stay in a special isolation area; if they wish to order food or other products, they can place an order and it will be delivered to the isolation area.
• Trains: masks required
• Buses: masks required
• MRT: masks required
• Restrictions/timetables: masks required
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Reduced services are resulting in increase in rates.
• Sea: Limited service, and rates are increasing quickly.
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?