COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredCOVID-19 Testing Requirements Vaccinated or Recovered Travelers Fully vaccinated travelers must carry a vaccination certificate confirming vaccination 14-270 days before entry with an EMA/WHO authorized vaccine, or administration of a booster dose. Accompanying children between 12-18 may carry a negative COVID-19 test instead of a vaccination certificate. Children under 12 need not carry a vaccination certificate or negative test. Recovered travelers must be entering by air or sea, and must carry an EU Digital COVID Certificate or equivalent document; or a certificate of recovery plus a positive COVID-19 NAAT or rapid antigen test issued 11-180 days before entry. Travelers from EU 'greenlisted' countries need not carry a vaccination or recovery certificate. The majority of EU countries and regions remain marked as high risk, and are therefore excluded from this policy. Travelers are subject to a general health screening, including a temperature and visual check, upon entry. Travelers suspected to have COVID-19 may be required to complete a COVID-19 test (PCR, TMA or other molecular tests are accepted) within 48 hours of arrival. Non-vaccinated Travelers Negative COVID-19 test completed no more than 72 hours before entry (or rapid antigen test completed no more than 24 hours before entry), for travelers age 12 and over. Travelers from EU 'greenlisted' countries need not carry a negative COVID-19 test. The majority of EU countries and regions remain marked as high risk, and are therefore excluded from this policy. Travelers are subject to a general health screening, including a temperature and visual check, upon entry. Travelers suspected to have COVID-19 may be required to complete a COVID-19 test (PCR, TMA or other molecular tests are accepted) within 48 hours of arrival. Quarantine Requirements There are no quarantine requirements.
ImmigrationImmigration offices in Spain are operating at limited capacity following COVID-19 guidelines. Administrative deadlines for processing new and renewal applications have been reinstated; however, there are still some delays. Travel Restrictions Entry is only allowed for: Fully vaccinated travelers and their accompanying children; Recovered travelers and their accompanying children; Spanish nationals and residents and their family members (including partners of Spanish nationals); EU nationals and their immediate family members; Residents of ‘greenlisted’ countries, travelling directly from these countries (transit through other locations permitted); Eligible transiting travelers; and Essential and professional travelers, travelers for family purposes and those in need; Land borders to enter Spain through Ceuta and Melilla are closed.
Home SearchServices currently offered:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties
• Additionally agents can assist with:
- Needs assessment calls.
- Sharing housing market information.
- Sharing sample properties online.
- Conducting lease contract reviews and negotiation.
- Coordinating and assisting in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Providing school information.
- Coordinating temporary housing bookings.
- Providing information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Providing information on local registration requirements.
• Yes, bookings are being made virtually
• No face-to-face support
• Apartments are available
• Primary school students returned to school in January.
• Children of 1 class will be sent on a 2-week quarantine if a case is confirmed within the group; parents will be allowed to request unpaid leave to stay home with their children under these circumstances.
• Distance education is promoted to the maximum in Secondary, Baccalaureate, FP, Adult Education, and Special Regime Teaching; students will not return in person until mid-January.
General Information- The duty to quarantine was removed on 1 February, and replaced with a test regime
Public TransportYes. Operating as normal with safety precautions in place.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Yes with sanitary restrictions / Madrid partial lockdown from Sptember
21st (14 days minimum).
• Air: Limited services
• Sea: Normal services
• Limited services following countries limitations at destination.
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?