COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredCOVID-19 Testing Requirements Negative COVID-19 PCR test issued no more than 72 hours before entry, or antigen test issued no more than 48 hours before entry, for all travelers (including vaccinated and/or recovered travelers), except: Travelers from ‘safe countries’ listed here; Children under 12; EU citizens and their family members transiting through Slovakia to another EU country in under eight hours; Cross-border commuters for professional purposes, living no more than 100 km from the border in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary or Poland; they can carry a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid antigen test issued no more than 7 days before entry. Ukrainian citizens are exempt from pre-arrival COVID-19 testing. Quarantine Requirements Vaccinated or Recovered Travelers Fully vaccinated travelers, vaccinated no more than 9 months before entry; and recovered travelers, recovered no more than 180 days before travel, are quarantine-exempt. Refugees from Ukraine are exempt from quarantine. Non-vaccinated Travelers 14-day residential quarantine for unvaccinated travelers and their cohabitants. Travelers aged 12 and over complete a COVID-19 test no earlier than day 5 of quarantine and can cease quarantine if obtaining a negative test. The following categories are quarantine-exempt: Individuals traveling from neighboring countries to escape domestic or international armed conflict; Transiting travelers, in transit for under eight hours. Travelers from EU/Schengen Area countries or the United Kingdom, working in Slovakia; they can complete an on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test and can cease quarantine upon receiving a negative test result. Refugees from Ukraine are exempt from quarantine.
ImmigrationThe embassy in India is closed until further notice. Consular posts are resuming certain visa services. The Foreign Police is accessible by appointment. Travel Restrictions Entry is now permitted for the following categories: Travelers from Schengen Area countries; EU nationals and their family members; Slovak nationals and permanent or temporary residents, and their family members; Residents of countries; Fully vaccinated travelers, with a recognized vaccinee; Transport staff (cargo and passengers); cross-border workers; students; among limited other exemptions. Bratislava airport has reopened.
Home SearchServices currently offered include:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• Additionally agents can assist with:
- Needs assessment calls.
- Sharing housing market information.
- Sharing sample properties online.
- Conducting lease contract reviews and negotiation.
- Coordinating and assisting in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Providing school information.
- Coordinating temporary housing bookings.
- Providing information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Providing information on local registration requirements.
General InformationMunicipal contact tracing may be relevant in some situations, for example in connection with an outbreak at a Municipal institution.
Public TransportDomestic bus and train service is running on a limited schedule.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Limited services; high cost.
• Sea: Normal service at present.
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative