COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• All travelers register their arrival on the website below. Travelers entering by air also complete a Transport Ministry form. This includes transiting travelers. Cross-border commuters for professional purposes, living no more than 100 km from the border in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary or Poland, are exempt.
• Negative COVID-19 PCR test issued no more than 72 hours before entry, or antigen test issued no more than 48 hours before entry, for all travelers (including vaccinated and/or recovered travelers), except:
- EU citizens and their family members transiting through Slovakia while travelling to another EU country (must remain in transit area for under eight hours).
- Cross-border commuters for professional purposes, living no more than 100 km from the border in Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary or Poland; they can carry a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid antigen test issued no more than 7 days before entry.
• 14-day residential quarantine for all travelers and their cohabitants. Travelers aged 10 and over complete a COVID-19 test no earlier than day 8 of quarantine and can cease quarantine if obtaining a negative test. The following categories are quarantine-exempt:
- Transiting travelers, in transit for under eight hours.
- Travelers from EU/Schengen Area countries or the United Kingdom, working in Slovakia; they can complete an on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test and can cease quarantine upon receiving a negative test result. http://korona.gov.sk/ehranica
• The embassy in India is closed until further notice.
• Consular posts are resuming certain visa services.
• The Foreign Police is accessible by appointment.
• Travel Restrictions: Entry is now permitted for the following categories:
- Travelers from ‘low-risk countries and territories’ as listed on the site below, entering by direct flight from a low-risk country.
- Travelers entering from non- ‘low risk’ Schengen or EU countries (quarantine requirements apply, see below).
- Travelers from the United Kingdom, who have only been in EU/Schengen Area countries or the United Kingdom in the 14 days before entry, fully vaccinated (more than 14 days after second dose of Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine; or more than 28 days after first dose of AstraZeneca vaccine); or recovered from COVID-19 in the 180 days before entry.
- Slovak nationals and permanent or temporary residents, and their family members.
- EU nationals and their family members, and EU residents, in transit to their home or residence country for under eight hours.
- Transport staff (cargo and passengers); cross-border workers; students; among limited other exemptions.
• Bratislava airport has reopened. https://korona.gov.sk/
Home SearchServices currently offered include:
• Virtual, with limited face-to-face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Timelines (normal)
• Market availability; mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• Additionally agents can assist with:
- Needs assessment calls.
- Sharing housing market information.
- Sharing sample properties online.
- Conducting lease contract reviews and negotiation.
- Coordinating and assisting in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
- Providing school information.
- Coordinating temporary housing bookings.
- Providing information on bank accounts opening requirements.
- Providing information on local registration requirements.
General InformationNo information to report at this time.
Public TransportDomestic bus and train travel are running on a limited schedule.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Limited services; high cost
• Sea: Normal service at present
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative