COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Quarantine and COVID-19 Testing: Individuals must present one of the following documents to enter:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test results or, if coming from the United States, negative antigen test results also acceptable, issued no less than 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Certificate of completed COVID-19 vaccination issued by a health institution of the country in which the individual was vaccinated (vaccination certificate must be issued by country with an agreement with Serbia on vaccination validity, currently Greece, Hungary, UAE, Czech Republic, Turkey, and Romania).
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 through a COVID-19 test taken between 14 days and six months prior to arrival) and the issuing entity has a reciprocal agreement with Serbia for recognition of such documents.
• 10-day quarantine for nationals and permanent and temporary residents of Serbia, along with diplomats and members of international organizations and their family members who are who do not have the above documentation at passport control. Other travelers will not be permitted entry.
• Travelers who are 15 years old or younger can enter Serbia without quarantine of a negative COVID-19 test if they are accompanied by a close family member who meets the criteria for entering the country without quarantine.
• Travelers who are exempt from the documentation and quarantine requirements include the following:
- Nationals and of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro, and Northern Macedonia.
- Travelers transiting through Serbia for less than 12 hours.
- Individuals in the border area who perform agricultural work and have agricultural land in this area.
- Individuals who are residents of the border area and are employed in Serbia.
- Crew and cabin crew of aircrafts whose final destination is Serbia.
- Crew of transport vehicles when performing international air, road, rail, and water traffic.
- Humanitarian convoys
- Children under 12 years of age.
- Persons who stayed outside Serbia for less than 48 hours and have a negative COVID-19 test issued by a laboratory in Serbia taken less than 48 hours prior to the first exit from Serbia, among other exceptions.
• Business travelers entering Serbia for business reasons who have previously notified the Serbian chamber of Commerce can enter without any of the documentation listed above if they obtain a COVID-19 PCR or antigen test within 24 hours of crossing the border.
• Travelers from countries of high risk (India) must present one of the following documents to enter:
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test issued no more than 48 hours before entry (or 72 hours in case of travel delay).
- Certificate of completed vaccination issued by Serbia or a country that accepts vaccine certificates from Serbia.
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 issued within no less than 14 days and no more than six months from the test, issued in Serbia or a country that accepts certificates of recovery from Serbia.
• 7-day home quarantine for travelers from countries of high risk (India), followed by COVID-19 test within 24 hours from entry and on the 7th day of their stay (at the expense of the traveler).
• Serbia has resumed immigration services.
• Consular posts have resumed visa application filing and processing, subject to local pandemic related restrictions. Applicants should contact their consular post before visiting.
• Work permits can now be filed in person by appointment, by mail or by email (if the work permit is signed by e-signature).
• Immigration authorities have resumed processing initial and renewal residence permit applications. Applicants can now schedule residence permit filing appointments.
• Police authorities have resumed biometric data (photograph and fingerprints) collection and address registration services.
• Travel Restrictions: Serbia has removed all travel restrictions.
Home SearchServices currently offered include:
• Virtual: Yes, limited face to face interaction
• Lease checks
• Check in/out: prior to move-in, the unit has been pre-inspected; latest health or medical certification of all incoming occupants which will state that occupant/s was never a suspected or probable case individual/s and has never been identified as positive COVID-19 case individual/s, if identified, submit result of negative RT-PCR as per DOH standard; mandatory wearing of facemask, body temperature screening and use of foot bath.
• Negotiations: Yes
• Timelines: Yes, normal
• Market availability: yes, mobility is limited to verify available properties.
• We can still conduct needs assessment calls.
• Share housing market information.
• Share sample properties online.
• Conduct lease contract reviews and negotiation.
• Coordinate and assist in utilities set-up such as internet and cable.
• Provide school information.
• Coordinate temporary housing bookings.
• Provide information on bank accounts opening requirements.
• Provide information on local registration requirements.
• Yes, bookings are being made virtually.
• No face-to-face support available.
• Apartments are currently available.
• All schools and education institutions are closed.
• All events are banned.
• Essential shopping only until first half of May when most facilities will reopen but social distancing will need to be observed.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Limited services
• Sea: Limited services
• Green light on import shipments mandatory
• Limited trucking capacity available; high
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• No, customer must sign waiver if nominating a representative