COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
• Individuals entering or exiting Colombia must submit a travel pre-registration available in English, Spanish and French through the Check-Mig online application up to 24 hours prior to their flight (but it must be completed an hour before departure). This is intended to expedite their immigration or emigration processes at Colombian airports.
• Colombian nationals and individuals who hold an M or R visa arriving from or who have been in India within 14 days prior to arrival in Colombia must show a negative result issued by a laboratory from a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours prior to arrival in Colombia.
• 14-day home quarantine for all travelers arriving from or who have been in India within 14 days prior to arrival in Colombia and additional COVID-19 PCR tests 24 hours after arrival and seven days after arrival. These travelers must declare their quarantine address as part of the travel pre-registration process mentioned above and to immigration officials at the port of entry.
• Other travelers entering Colombia are no longer subject to COVID-19 testing or quarantine requirements.
• Individuals traveling domestically may be subject to COVID-19 testing, depending on rules in each city.
• Violating isolation/quarantine measures can result in deportation from Colombia.
• Most consulates are resuming visa processing, subject to local pandemic-related restrictions.
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is accepting and processing most visa applications.
• Migración Colombia has resumed in-person services. Foreign nationals must schedule an appointment to request identity cards, complete visa registration, and request migratory movement certificates, among other processes, through Migración’s online system.
• Suspension of in-person services at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs until further notice, including visa stamping for foreign nationals.
• Suspension of applications for change of visa category for foreign nationals in Colombia under a Visitor Visa status. Holders of Visitor Visas in Colombia may only apply for an extension of status under their same visa category.
• Travel Restrictions: Colombia is gradually resuming international commercial flights.
- Entry ban is in place until June 30, 2021 for travelers arriving from or who have been in India within 14 days prior to arrival in Colombia, except Colombian nationals and individuals who hold an M or R visa.
Home SearchProperty visits are currently available.
• Serviced apartments are accepting new bookings from self-quarantined guests.
• Bookings are being made virtually; apartments are available.
• Schools are closed until 31 July; administrative staff are working to attend to information requests from parents and potential parents.
• Schools are working with virtual classes and communication is being conducted directly with each family.
General InformationColombian airports are closed for commercial flights until 31 August. As a result, new immigration processes are not possible.
Public TransportWorking as usual.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both / video recommended
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Air: Open but slow.
• Sea: Open but slow.
• Open but slow
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?
• Packing - Yes
• Delivery - No