COVID-19 Reopening Matrix
Quarantine RequiredQuarantine and COVID-19 Testing:
• 14-day quarantine at a government designated facility (typically a hotel) for all travelers.
• There are very limited exemptions to the quarantine requirement. See the Australian Department of Health website for more information.
• Quarantine-exempt flights from New Zealand (for passengers who have been in NZ for 14 days or more and have not been in a designated COVID-19 outbreak location) are available with the following additional requirements (currently suspended):
- Any passenger that is considered to be a close contact of any recently confirmed COVID-19 cases identified in the community in New Zealand must present evidence of two negative COVID-19 tests.
- Any passenger that has been in a contact tracing location of interest at a time specified on the NZ Ministry of Health website musty have evidence of one negative COVID-19 test.
- Any passenger who has been in a managed isolation facility in New Zealand must have been in New Zealand for 14 consecutive days after completing managed isolation before travelling to Australia.
• Specific quarantine requirements are generally being managed by state and territory health departments. For example, in some states or territories, arriving travelers are responsible for paying the costs of their quarantine.
• All travelers to Australia must provide a negative COVID-19 test (completed within 72 hours) prior to departure. Limited exemptions apply as follows:
- Children aged four years and younger at the time of check-in for the scheduled flight departure.
- People with a medical condition (who can provide a medical certificate).
- International aircrew
- Travelers on a designated green safe travel zone flight.
- People travelling from countries where COVID-19 PCR testing is not reasonably available. Exemptions for this purpose will be determined by Australia's Director of Human Biosecurity.
- Travelers to Australia should contact their airline regarding any current requirements relating to COVID-19 testing. Further information regarding the COVID-19 testing requirements is available on the Australian Department of Health website.
• Any traveler entering Australia who has been in a 'high risk COVID-19 country' (currently limited to India but will likely be expanded) in the 14 days before entering Australia and who is transiting through a third country will need to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test 72 hours prior to entering Australia from the final point of embarkation. The Australian Government has also announced that it will seek Rapid Antigen Testing for Australians returning on direct flights from high risk countries. It is not clear when these policies will be effective.
• Immigration authorities accepting applications however, processing delays should be expected.
• Those listed below can still enter Australia without a travel exemption, however will be required to quarantine upon arrival for a period of 14 days. Quarantine requirements vary from state to state - please contact the immigration team for specific advice as there may also be a need to quarantine in states you are transiting through on the way to your final Australian destination. Some states also require the traveler to pay for quarantine
- An Australian citizen (repatriation flights now available for those from India)
- A permanent resident of Australia (repatriation flights now available for those from India)
- An immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident (if you hold a temporary visa or do not yet hold a valid visa for Australia, you must provide proof of your relationship to the Department before you travel to Australia) (unless travelling from India)
- A New Zealand citizen usually resident in Australia and their immediate family members.
- A diplomat accredited to Australia (holding a subclass 995 visa)
- A traveler transiting Australia for 72 hours or less.
- Airline crew
- Maritime crew including marine pilots.
- Workers recruited under the Government approved Seasonal Worker Program or Pacific Labor Scheme.
- Holder of a Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) visa who are travelling from New Zealand by air and have been in New Zealand 14 days prior to travel (subject to meeting other requirements and are exempt from quarantine).
• If you do not fall into one of the above categories, a travel exemption is needed. Please contact the Immigration team for assistance with applying
• The New Zealand safe travel zone allows for travelers who have been in New Zealand for 14 days to travel by air to Australia quarantine-free, without applying for a travel exemption (and vice versa). Travelers must ensure their flight is a ‘quarantine-free’ flight. Quarantine free flights from Australia to NZ under this scheme are currently paused .
• Returning Australians and other travelers to Australia must return a negative COVID-19 test prior to departure. Exemptions will only be applied in extenuating circumstances, such as seasonal workers where there is limited access to testing.
• Travel restrictions have been extended until December 2021 "
• Victoria - In-person inspections are banned during the extended lockdown and can only be conducted remotely.
• NSW - Private inspections are still allowed by appointment but are limited to one real estate agent and one buyer at a time. Face masks must also be worn.
• QLD - Permitted with local restrictions in place.
• School holidays are in place at present. After the school holidays, some schools might have restrictions. Check with individual schools to confirm. .
• Vaccination update: 45.4% of the AU population have had their first vaccination. 24.4% of the AU population have had their second vaccination. At this stage anyone from 40 years and older can book in to have their vaccination.
• NSW - Cases have continued and therefore greater Sydney is still in lockdown. This will be revisited on August 28th at 11.59pm, but face-to-face assistance will all be unavailable until AT LEAST August 28th. Restrictions will likely be in place after this, assuming the lockdown is lifted, which will impact destination services, group meetings, bookings for restaurants, beauticians, cafes, bars, etc. School holidays are in place at present. After the school holidays, the first week will include online learning. Registrations on hold and any queries on school policy needs to be checked per school. Any assignee traveling to Fairfax (Western NSW) or needing to travel more than 50km, COVID-19 testing is required.
- Fairfax has had a high number of cases, so testing is required every 3 days if traveling to this location.
- Any travel greater than 50km requires testing every 7 days.
- COVID-19 clear test, as well as proof of address is required to be carried at all times.
• VICTORIA - Melbourne has entered it's 6th lockdown, ending August 20th at 8pm. Travel and leaving housing should only be done for essential services. Restrictions will still be in place after this, which will impact destination services, group meetings, bookings for restaurants, beauticians, cafes, bars, etc.
• QLD - Lockdown has been lifted. Restrictions are still in place, which will impact destination services, group meetings, bookings for restaurants, beauticians, cafes, bars, etc. School holidays are in place at present. After the school holidays, some schools might have restrictions. This would need to be checked with individual schools. WA - Lockdown lifted. Restrictions are still in place, which will impact destination services, group meetings, bookings for restaurants, beauticians, cafes, bars, etc. School holidays are in place at present. After the school holidays, some schools might have restrictions. This would need to be checked with individual schools.
• Masks mandatory in most states on public transport. Passengers should always carry masks.
Household GoodsSurvey (Video/In-person)
• Yes, both
Packing/Delivery Services (After Customs Clearance) Available?
• Yes, subject to client outside a 14-day self-isolation period
• Air: Rates remain high due to limited capacity, however limited changes.
• Sea: Updated contracts to USA effective October 1, 2021 are in place, space remains under pressure. Allocations are in place, but need to book up to 6 weeks in advance to get the allocation with contract rates.
• Normal at present
Can packing/delivery take place without customer, or nominated representative?